Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Coach's-Eye View of "The Opus" Movie

Attention, Law of Attraction Fans! Have you seen the film called, "The Opus: From Vision to Plan to Performance," by Douglas Vermeeren? It's designed to pick up where "The Secret" movie, by Rhonda Byrne, left off...with more detail about the inspired action steps that Dr. Joe Vitali talks about in "The Secret."

Although with fewer details about quantum physics than were in the "What the Bleep Do We Know!?" (by Mark Vicente, Betsy Chasse, and William Arntz), "The Opus" covers some of the same ideas in its own way. "The Opus" also uses a similar structure, with a story line weaving together the practical meaning of the advice and stories of the experts shown in the film.

The Experts: Here's a list of some of my favorite experts from "The Opus." (Most of these folks were also in "The Secret," but there are many in "The Opus" that were new to me, also.)
  • Jack Canfield
  • Dr. Joe Vitali
  • Morris Goodman
  • Dr. John Dimartini
  • Bob Doyle
  • Mark Victor Hansen

Where "The Opus" Shines: Some critics of "The Secret" said that it seemed to be directed to a self-centered and materialistic audience. I have to agree, but I looked past that because I think it's very important to get the message of the Law of Attraction (like attracts like in our lives) out there.

"The Opus," however, has avoided that pitfall. It focuses more on the altruistic side of manifestation, including intentionally reaching out to others and giving them the nudge they need to reach their own highest goals.

"Tell Me More!" Go to http://www.owntheopus.com/ for more info. Enjoy!

Contact Me for Assistance with the Development of Your Life's "Opus." You can reach me at scleaver@dejazzd.com to set up a complimentary trial coaching session (by phone or in person). I look forward to talking with you!

Be well,

Susan

P.S. for local folks: Contact me at scleaver@dejazzd.com for more info on my two October workshops....

  • Vision and Discovery Boards ~~ Thursday, October 16, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
  • Put Off Procrastination ~~ Saturday, October 25, 10:00 am to 12 noon

***All of Susan's creative4life posts are copyright of Susan Cleaver.***


4 comments:

Nancy from www.Mindbridge-loa.com said...

Thank you Susan,
for your view of the Opus and for the link. I have been watching, I thought, but didn't realize it was out!

For anyone who is interested, many of the teachers and many of the original masters of the Law of Attraction are summarized on this site, http://www.mindbridge-loa.com/index.html

I will shortly insure that the information from the Opus is included.

Thanks again,
Nancy

Susan said...

Thanks Nancy,

I just checked out your site, and I recommend it for all Law of Attraction fans! (For those who aren't fans YET,they would be doing themselves a favor by checking out your explanation for beginners.)

Be well,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your info on The OPus. I just saw it and all I can say is WOW! It was a fantastic and powerful film. It gives so many profound and wonderful insights and the story is so touching., Several in our group cried when they watched it. I especially loved the message of giving back and making a difference. I think that this message if heeded could change the whole world. The Opus must be seen by every man, woman and child.

Susan said...

Thanks, Lorraine!

I think your comment will inspire even more people to watch it. The ripples you have sent out will make a big difference over time.

As you said, the more folks we can get on board with these ideas, the better the quality of life will be for all of us.