Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Why Is She Telling Us This?"

This is my last decluttering update; I have finally reached 100 hours! I started on July 10, 2008, so I don't get any points for speed. I'll take credit for persistence, though!

You may be wondering, "Why is she telling us this?" I had two reasons for tracking my progress on my blog:
  • For accountability (A special thanks to my hubby, Stew, and my good friend Mary Beth for heading up the accountability squad!) I also wanted to show you how much accountability helps on a project like this or most any other type. Just be sure your accountability buddies are people who are going to be positive and supportive, especially if the project is a creative one.
  • As a demonstration of how you might use a similar method to break down a big project. Through my monthly updates, I've hoped to give you a bird's-eye view of how this can be done, along with the foibles and doubts I had along the way.

What about sustainability?

I spent a little time toward the end of the project setting up a plan for that. I didn't want my organizing efforts to go the way of yo-yo dieting.

I'm a member of www.Coachville.com, and they have a great program called "The 100 Day Challenge." I signed up for the one that started this week to work on maintaining what I did during my own "100 Hour Challenge." The program also gives me a fresh way to approach continuing to improve my home and office environments.

When you're planning a change for yourself, remember to figure in a way to maintain the results you'll attain. We all know how frustrating it is to slip backward. So...go for it, and follow through on the follow-through! :-)

To your success,

Susan

P.S. Contact me for a complimentary exploratory coaching session by phone or in person at scleaver@dejazzd.com or 610-385-3766. I look forward to hearing from you!

P.P.S. Thanks to all who attended my workshop at McCormick Chiropractic in Pottstown, PA, last night. It was fun!

***All of Susan's creative4life posts are copyright of Susan Cleaver.***

No comments: