Friday, February 06, 2009

Organizing Report and Inspiration

For those of you who are naturally neat and organized and wondering what all the fuss is about...you'll be glad to know this is my next-to-last decluttering report!

For the Rest of Us....
I reached my goal yesterday of completing 20 hours of decluttering since my last report on 1/5/09! That gives me a total of 90 hours since 7/10/08, when I set the goal of 100 hours. It's taking a lot longer than I thought, but I'm getting there!

As I've mentioned before, I'm living and working in the spaces I'm clearing, so there have been times that I felt like I was on a treadmill with the decluttering. Picking up the pace a bit this month has helped a lot, though. My husband and I are seeing clear evidence of my organizing efforts (and so is the Goodwill Store donation center)!

Inspiration for the Journey...
...from Michelle Passoff's book, Lighten Up! "Every time I took a quantum leap in my growth, I noticed that I would clean physical clutter.... I thought it was curious that I responded in this way to personal expansion, so I decided at one point to conduct an experiment to see whether if I reversed the process and cleaned clutter first as a way to foster growth if it would work. It did! And, it was fun. I began to make a game of exploring the relationship among oneness with myself, harmony in the world, and my physical environment."

So there you have it. That's what all the fuss is about!

Cheers,
Susan

P.S. Valentine's Day is quickly approaching. See last week's post for details about my "Cupid's Bow" Couples Coaching Special, a fun, one-time experience especially for the Month of Love!

***All of Susan's creative4life posts are copyright of Susan Cleaver.***



No comments: