Thursday, July 10, 2008

Structure and Accountability Trump Will Power!

I know that my creativity needs elbow room, and that keeping my home and office environments in an organized state that is pleasing to me is good Feng Shui. But maintaining the level of organization that I want has always been a challenge for me. I'm doing better, but I still have times when I get really frustrated with myself around this.

Not only will I have a better chance of succeeding if I report my project and progress here on the blog, but you can use it for an example for creating your own way to accomplish what you want to do.

So here's my plan. I know that structure and accountability trump will power. So here's where you come in. I've set forth a three-month challenge for myself and I'm "going public" with it here for accountability. I'll report my progress on this blog once a month during the project: Monday, August 11, Wednesday, Sept. 10, and, finally, Friday, Oct. 11. There! Now I've put myself on the hook, but in a good way! :-) I trust you'll post nudging comments if I slip up!

Here are the details of my plan: For 50 days out of those three months, I'll invest 2 hours daily on the clearing, organizing, and optimizing of my immediate indoor environments (home and office). I also need to find ways to easily maintain the systems/environments I create. Please come back to cheer on my efforts (or to frown upon my slip-ups)!

What are you not moving along steadily/quickly enough that you could use some accountability, structure, and support around? I invite you to make a plan and write it in the comments section so that we can all be there for you! We'll all learn from it!

Thanks,
Susan

P.S. To receive the alter ego to this blog, "Susan, Unplugged...Your 'Slow-Tech' Source for Creative and Healthy Living Tips," with my compliments, just send your snail-mail address to me at scleaver@dejazzd.com. If you live outside the continental US, I'll ask you to cover the cost of the postage.

***All of Susan's creative4life posts are copyright of Susan Cleaver.***
.

No comments: