Thursday, August 01, 2013

An Opportunity to Inspire and Be Inspired...and One Timely Update

These "Sugar Cubes" Will Melt Your Heart!

I personally recommend a great website, www.sugarcubefactory.com.  It gives you a chance to inspire others around the world and receive inspiration, too.

I have no affiliation with them other than being one of the writers/receivers.   It's very rewarding to write an uplifting note to someone on the planet whom you don't know. 

I hope that some of the ones I've written will randomly find their way to individuals who need that particular bit of encouragement on that particular day! 

This is something we can all do to promote goodwill around the globe.     

I  hope you'll give it a try.  The more positive vibes we can get out there, the better!



         (c) iStockphoto/Stefanie Timmermann




"Crazy Coaching Friday" Update

A Change from my last post, 7/27/13

There has been a change in the scheduling of the #016 "Crazy Coaching Friday" Show that was slated for tomorrow.  We will have the show next Friday, August 9th. 

We'll be "live" from 1:00 to 3:00 pm Eastern time, so the recording will be available on You Tube and www.coachville.com after that.  Somehow, our host manages to make the atmosphere of the show humorous and provocative at the same time!

In the meantime, if you haven't watched Episode #013 yet, I hope you will. All episodes are unscripted, and we had great fun making that one! 
   


(c) iStockphoto/Joe Potato Photo
     


       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**All of Susan's posts on creative4life are (c) Susan Cleaver.**


**Member of the TriCounty Community Network, at www.tcnetwork.org**


6 comments:

Carol P said...

What a fabulous idea! I love it when something inspires me when I least expect it; those things usually come at a time when I most need it.

I also like to send an occasional anonymous little note to a friend or coworker when I sense that they need some encouragement. It's hard to be anonymous today but a typed note on a desk or in a mailbox, or even a snail mailed card or note, can get a short message to someone who really could use a positive message.

Betsy said...

I remember my husband (who was just a coworker at the time) got a box of business cards printed that just said "GOOD JOB!" When somebody did something he liked he would hand them a card. That was the 80's version of this I guess - now technology makes it even easier to give a pat on the back! Thanks Susan - I will send him this link too!

Susan said...

Dear Carol P,

I'm glad you liked the Sugar Cubes site. I love your compassionate attitude with some playfulness sprinkled in!

My hubby and I paid a highway toll for the stranger behind us once. The man's exuberant honking and waving after he found out made it great fun for us, too.

~Susan

Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by, Betsy!

I like your story. As adults, we sometimes don't want to admit that we need this kind of support.

In my coach training and professional development activities, I was taught the best ways to give this support. The really rewarding thing is when you can point out who he or she has become in the process of achieving their goal!

So now you are married to this thoughtful coworker?! GOOD JOB, Betsy!

~Susan

Mary Beth said...

You've been discussing many aspects of "opportunity", one being how difficult it is to recognize it.The point was well made from your quote from William Arthur Ward. Lately, I've noticed how often people give us good advice and we just shirk it off, many times because we've tried it to a certain degree or because it's just to hard to follow through with it.
Somehow, are we looking for a easier way to our goals, so we ignore the advice. Well, I'm intending to take some advice I've been recently handed, see it as a gift and work my way through the hard parts. What can I lose? I'll be further along than I am now and that's a good thing.

Susan said...

Thanks, Mary Beth!

You've brought some great insights to the table.

Your post inspires a few good ideas for me. From now on, when I receive suggestions, I'm going to take a look at my values and priorities before dismissing the ideas too quickly!

~Susan