Wednesday, August 05, 2009

How is Your Life GPS Working?

Just as a GPS in your car uses a number of satellites to determine where you are on the road, I recommend these "satellites" that are vital in deciding which roads to take in life.

Spirituality
I use this as my first point of reference. Without this, I feel like, as my husband would say, "a loose canoe in a swift stream."

Values
With clarity around my spirituality, I find it much easier to focus in on my most important values...perhaps the top three to five, to help me see where I'm positioned in life.

Priorities
Once I have the first two in place, from there I can set my priorities as they relate to my values.

Strategies
Once I know my priorities, I can develop strategies that will help me make sure that the priorities are addressed.

Goals
At this point, I can develop useful goals easily, because I've looked at the other areas.

Steps
Next, I can use my goals to figure out what steps I need to take on a daily or weekly basis to make sure I'm manifesting my priorities.

Habits
When I take the steps I need to take on a regular basis, I develop new habits that serve me well in accomplishing my goals. These new habits actually make it easier to do the steps than to not to do them!

So how about you?
What keeps you centered and on track? Please leave a comment and let my other readers and me know! Maybe you have a different series of "satellites" that work for you.

If you try my Life GPS, please let us know how it works for you!

Thanks,
Susan

P.S. 'Need some assistance in this area? I'm offering...

"You Are Here": Develop Your Best GPS for Daily Living
...a complimentary coaching session (by phone or in person) where we will work on the upgrades you want for your personal GPS!
.
Contact me at scleaver@dejazzd.com to set up an appointment.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.
***All of Susan's creative4life posts are copyright of Susan Cleaver.***
.
***Member of the TriCounty Community Network, a local human services resource at http://www.tcnetwork.info/.
.

No comments: