Saturday, November 08, 2008

What We Gain from Losing Our Clutter

My Latest Decluttering Report and Two Resources for You
.
I'm Half-Way to My Goal of 100 Clutter-Zapping Hours! I logged 11 hours since my last check-in for a total of 50 hours in 4 months. I've done most of this in 30-minute segments and even some 15-minutes segments (when I'm feeling tired, overwhelmed, or under motivated). Using small blocks of time is key for my success. 50 hours is the equivalent of one work week of 10-hour days. I can confidently say I would not have had success with that format!
.
Here's What I'm Gaining as I Lose My Clutter:
~More space to create.
~Visual calm.
~A feeling of being on top of things.
~Order.
~Space for new things to come into my life; room to grow as a person.
~Better organizing habits.
~An opportunity to be a better role model.
~Better energy...for my space and for me. (Four months ago, the bamboo plant on my desk was languishing, despite having adequate sunlight and water. Now it has three new sprouts of growth on it!)
.
Check Out These Two Great Sources of Info and Inspiration!
~When Organizing Isn't Enough: SHED Your Stuff, Change Your Life, by Julie Morgenstern (hardcover or audiobook). This book is a valuable resource for folks in transition, whether the change is welcome or unwelcome.
~www.RealSimpleRealLife.com This site features inspiring before-and-after photos and practical tips.
.
Please drop by the comments section and share your organizing success stories!
Thanks,
Susan
.
P.S. This blog has an alter ego! It's my light and inspiring bimonthly snail-mail newsletter, "Susan, Unplugged....Your 'Slow-Tech' Source for Creative and Healthy Living Tips." It's complimentary within the US. To request it, contact me by email, snail-mail, or phone: scleaver@dejazzd.com, P.O. Box 586, Douglassville, PA 19518-0586, USA, or 610-385-3766.
.
***All of Susan's creative4life posts are copyright of Susan Cleaver.***
.

No comments: