Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Give Your Ego a Clear Job Description

Here's mine:

TO: My Ego
FROM: Susan
RE: Your Job Description

Position: Reality Coordinator; Your job responsibilities fall into three categories to ensure your successful collaboration with my creative side:

1. Support my creativity by collaborating with it on:

-my self-care.
-my marketing plans.


2. Back off and defer to my creativity while it's:

-brainstorming.
-daydreaming.
-interpreting dreams.
-cross-training in other artistic areas.
-journaling.
-working on projects in the early stages of development.


3. Take the wheel in your areas of expertise, including:

-logistics and technical considerations.
-handling rejection.
-pricing and other financial matters.


In Summary: Please hang this prayer over your desk.

The Ego's Effectiveness Prayer
Please help me to enhance Susan's creativity where I can,
Back off where I can't,
And have the discernment to know the difference.
.
*****************
.
Readers,
.
Please comment on the role of your ego in your creative work so we all can compare notes!
.
A complimentary trial coaching tele-session is available to you on this topic or most others. Set yours up by emailing me at scleaver@dejazzd.com. With the holidays coming, you may also want to inquire about my gift-boxed set of inspirational quote cards on the Law of Attraction ($10 US plus tax and shipping that will depend on where you live).
.
Sample Quote:
"What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible."
--Theodore Roethke
.
Happy Halloween,
Susan

No comments: